Give sorrow words: the grief that does not speak
Whispers the o'er-fraught heart and bids it break.
(Macbeth)

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Right Here Waiting

Dear Phillip;

Did you have any idea what you were doing the day you asked me to download "Right Here Waiting"? It was just a few days before you got sick. I came home from work and the first thing you asked me was to go to iTunes and download this song you heard on the radio. It's the only song you ever asked me to download, and I don't know if you listened to it after that. But a couple weeks later, when I was going through your laptop looking for things for your service, I came across the file and played it. It was as if you left it there for me. I cried and cried. It was the music we used at the end of your service behind the slide show.

I play it all the time now. It always makes me cry but I need to hear it. I need to know you are there waiting for me, and that I'll be able to hug you and kiss you again.

Thank you for leaving me that gift.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment